High barrier paper
One side uncoated paper with functional barrier coating on reverse side.
Sappi AvantGuard is a paper-based packaging solution to replace multi-layer barrier films by materials with a high share coming from renewable sources. The innovative paper from Sappi offers integrated functionalities, such as an effective barrier against oxygen, water vapor and grease.
Various flexible packaging applications such as flow-wrap, sachets and pouches for:
The food market, such as noodles, rice, confectionery, powdered products, cereals, crisps and other dry and fatty food ingredients.
The non-food market, such as dishwasher tabs and seeds.
- Integrated paper based solution
- Material coming from > 80% renewable sources
- High barrier functionalities
- Chlorine free
- Excellent printing results and good openability
- Suitable for direct food contact
- Good converting properties
- Available grammages: 75 g/m²
- Suitable for gravure and flexo printing
- Suitable for direct contact with food, the paper is available PEFC™(PEFC/07-32-76) as well as FSC™(FSC™ C015022) certified
- Food safe material
- Excellent optical appearance
- High value impression